– Temporary asphalt shingles need replacing every 8-15 years, making them very costly over time.
+ A permanent Metal Roof may last 100 years – saving thousands of dollars and no headaches.
– Asphalt shingles quickly deteriorate and become an eye sore due to streaking, curling & de-granulation.
+ A Metal Roof has a 30-year fade-resistant warranty on its paint application.
– Asphalt shingles are prone to blow off due to poor design.
+ Metal Roofs interlock on all four sides and pass UL 580 testing guaranteed at 120 mph.
– Asphalt shingles require on-going maintenance.
+ When correctly installed, a Metal Roof is maintenance free.
– Over 350 million tons of asphalt shingles are discarded in landfills every year.
+ A Metal Roof has 25% recycled aluminum content – making it extremely eco-friendly.
– Asphalt shingles bring little to no curb appeal to the resale of your home.
+ A Metal Roof brings significant curb appeal to your home – separating you form your neighbors.
– Resale value of an asphalt roof is zero.
+ National resale value of a Metal Roof is 85.9%. (Metal Roofing Alliance Magazine)
– Asphalt shingles absorb heat during summer months – increasing your air conditioning bills.
+ Metal roofs reflect heat – decreasing your cooling costs by 20-25% compared to asphalt.
– Most asphalt product warranties are prorated at 5 years, leaving homeowners with minimal protection.
+ Metal Roofing Inc. product warranty is non-prorated and guaranteed for as long as you own your home – Period!
– Most labor warranties for asphalt shingles are prorated and rarely exceed 5 years.
+ Metal Roofing labor warranty is non-prorated for as long as you own your home.
– Asphalt manufacturers rarely carry transferrable warranties on their product lines.
+ A Metal Roof carries a 40-year transferable warranty at no cost to the homeowners.
– Most asphalt shingles have a Class I Hail Rating.
+ A Metal Rood has a Class IV Hail Rating: (The highest impact rating for hail)
– Asphalt shingles are cheap to install the first time around.
+ Metal roofs are cheaper than asphalt shingles when considering just the next 20 years.
– Asphalt roofs are not Class “A” Fire Rated.
+ Metal roofs are Class “A” Fire Rated.
– Asphalt roofs do not shed snow quickly enough – making shoveling your roof a dangerous proposition.
+ Metal roofs shed snow quickly – so shoveling equates to safety for homeowners.