If you have noticed your asphalt roof falling apart, you are not alone. Many residential homes and commercial buildings do not get the roof inspections they need. This may lead to an emergency roof repair down the road. Even if your roof is not leaking, there are many reasons to consider a metal roof replacement in Chatham the next time you are in need of a new roof.
What Types of Roofs Are There?
There are many types of roofs available. Here are a few common options:
- Asphalt shingles are among the most common types of roofing material.
- Stone-Coated steel roofs are made from steel sheets, and then coated with stone granules.
- Cedar roofs are made of cedar tiles. Although they are the most eco-friendly roofs, a cedar roof is susceptible to fire, pests, and rot.
- Concrete roofs are very versatile. Concrete can be moulded into almost any shape, so picturing a concrete roof like a sidewalk is incorrect. However, they also require professional installation and may not be suitable for all houses as they are very heavy.
- Metal roofs come in many shapes, sizes, and colours. Aluminum, steel, and copper roofs all have different benefits and drawbacks. Steel roofs are generally the most durable.
The next time you have a roofing project, it may help to consider changing materials. Country Towne specializes in metal roofs, so we know the ins and outs of metal roof replacement and installation.
What Are the Benefits of a Metal Roof Replacement?
If your roof needs replacement, why not consider changing roof materials? There are plenty of metal roof options, for residential, commercial and even agricultural buildings. There are some many incentives to try metal roofing today:
- It’s sturdy. The durability of metal roofs cannot be overstated. An aluminum roof can take rough weather better than wood or asphalt shingles.
- It’s energy-efficient. A metal roof can save you up to 45% decrease in heat and 25% on cooling costs according to Earth911. Plus, metal roofs are almost always recyclable. If you are truly dedicated to going green, you can install an eco-tile single-panel roof.
- It’s aesthetically pleasing. Metal roofing does not have to look industrial. It comes in a wide array of shapes, materials, and colourful metal roof coatings. It can look exactly like cedar shingles or whatever sort of roofing you like. Whether you get coloured aluminum or invest in steel roofs, these cool roofs will keep you cool, too.
- It’s easy to clean. Aluminum roofs can be hosed down if they get dirty, making roof cleaning a breeze.
- It’s easy to replace. Your roofing company will try its best to match your metal roof panels exactly, but some discoloration is common with time. And while your metal roof is unlikely to need animal damage roof repair, if it needs to happen, it’s doable.
If you get a metal roof, you will not have to worry about roof shingle repair again! The next time your roof leak repair might merit replacement, consider getting a metal roof instead. No matter what roof slope you need, there’s a metal roof for that.
Replacement or Repair?
But if you have a small leak or other damage that doesn’t affect your entire roof, you may wonder if replacement or repair is a better option. Here are some things to consider when deciding to replace or repair your roof:
- Age. Roofs have lifespans. According to HowtoLookataHouse.com, a metal roof should last 30 to 50 years. As a rule of thumb, you should get an inspection once your roof reaches half of its lifespan, then every few years after that.
- Missing pieces. If your roof has more than a few missing shingles, or you see bits of your roof in your gutters, it’s probably time to consider replacing it.
- Do you know what caused the damage? If it was a one-time event like a storm, you can probably get away with repairing instead of replacing it.
As per this article on Forbes Home, even if individual shingles or panels can be replaced, some damage happens over time and warrant replacement. If your entire roof is sagging and it has taken a beating over the years, it’s time to put it away. But if you have small, localized damage, you can probably get a repair instead.
What if a leak pops up again shortly after you repair your first one? In that case, it may be time for an inspection.
Should I Get a Roof Inspection?
If your roof is 10 to 15 years old, it is probably time to ask your Chatham roofing company for an inspection. Even the best steel roofs can gain dents or other damage over time. Your roofing inspector will have special equipment that lets them assess your roof more thoroughly than you can from the ground.
Whether you need metal roof replacement in Chatham or just need a roof inspected, Country Towne has you covered. We have excellent customer service and would love to help with your residential or commercial projects.
Look at our customer reviews for more details, then contact us for your metal siding and roofing needs in the Chatham-Kent area!